Alabama students win $25k in scholarships from Comcast NBCUniversal
Comcast NBCUniversal announced that it has awarded approximately $25,000 in scholarships for the 2020-2021 school year to 10 Alabama students as part of its annual Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program.
Students are selected for their outstanding community service, academic performance, and leadership skills.
The award, funded by the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation, is a one-time, $2,500 scholarship to be used toward undergraduate education-related expenses.
Since 2001, about $33 million has been awarded to about 30,000 high school seniors across the country as part of the Leaders and Achievers program.
“We are honored to recognize the amazing accomplishments of our Leaders and Achievers scholarship winners in Alabama,” said Jason Gumbs, Comcast Regional SVP. “They are top achievers in academics, leaders in the community and leaders among their peers. They represent our future, and Comcast NBCUniversal is proud to support them, especially during these very challenging times.”
The 2020 Alabama Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Winners are:
- Eboni Blair - Paul W. Bryant High School Cottondale, AL
- Jillian Gillion - Florence High School Florence, AL
- Breanna Martin - Florence High School Florence, AL
- Chyna Ross - New Century Technology Demo High Huntsville, AL
- Jackson Hulman - Huntsville High School Huntsville, AL
- Kittson Hamill - Huntsville High School Huntsville, AL
- Lawrence Zhang - James Clemens High School Madison, AL
- Casey Dinkel - W P Davidson High School Mobile, AL
- Savannah Dinkel - W P Davidson High School Mobile, AL
- Kiera Hinton - Murphy High School Mobile, AL
The Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program recognizes high school seniors for their community service, academic performance, and leadership skills.
These scholarships are provided to give young people the opportunity to continue their education to better compete in tomorrow’s workplace. Applicants to the Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program must demonstrate academic excellence, commitment to community service, and outstanding qualities in character, integrity, and leadership.